Precision Blogworks
Monday, October 31, 2005
  Official De-Virginification Post
Listening To: Talib Kweli - Get By

ye-haw

Here's a dispatch I've been working on, but never got around to sending:

GET READY FOR ANOTHER TEMPORARY AUTONOMOUS WRITING ZONE (TAWZ)!!!???!!!

‘cause it’s coming. Like a freight train, babe.

Two life milestones and a sort of trivial thing.

1st order of business: Trivial thing.

Although I’m now 21 and my ID is valid, people think I’m trying to pass a fake. Because my ID is from Alaska. Nobody in the real world is from Alaska. The state only exists as an abstraction on fake ID’s.

Like today, I’m buying a 40 oz. and the dude behind the bodega counter takes my license, studies it for like three minutes, turns it over and looks at the other side. And then quizzes me on my address. PO Box 1971 muthafucka! And I’ve got major stubble, it’s not because I look really young, it’s this guy can’t conceive that an actual real Alaskan who isn’t Eskimo is buying beer from him. And then he sold me the beer like “I know its a fake, but I’ll let you slide this one time kid.”

3rd order of business: First Life Milestone.

I’m sorry guys/gals, I got a cell phone. It ain’t so bad. I didn’t realize how hard it was to get a cell phone. Like trying to adopt a damn baby. So many forms. Other than college, I think that was the first time anyone checked my credit rating. I failed. The salesman said, “Well, we are going to let you buy a cell phone.” Big fucking privilege. “But you have to give a deposit.” Oh yes massa, anything you say, massa, please am I worthy to have a cell phone? Anyway, I pretty much had to for work. Nobody takes you seriously if you don’t have a cell phone. I try to call up, say, the Department of Homeland Security

2nd order of business: Second Milestone

I have achieved a major life milestone.
Not turning 21, jackass. Bigger.

I woke up on a New York sidewalk.
No idea how I got there. Well. I knew the last thing I remembered was going out to a bar with the crew. I feel like I need to get a tattoo now or something. Yeah, I spent a night in jail once before, but only now am I a man. I got really lucky. Wasn’t missing my shoes or anything. Fuck, I even had all my money still in my pocket. Incredible.

END DISPATCH

That's it. Maybe I was right not to send it. Oh well, now its beyond my control, polluting the cyberzone. Will continue my profundities at a later date.
 
Comments:
Yeshim Blog - Forbes Cover Story "Attack of the Blogs"
The Forbes story was featured Friday night on CNBC's 4-minute segment. Steve Rubel was part of... Teaching Kids Programming: Even Younger Kids Can Learn Java One day my son Dave showed up in my office with my ...
Just like so many Americans my friend loves the clubs and hip hop lyrics so he went ahead and built an awesome website about hip hop lyrics. When he's in high spirit he goes to the site and start reciting all his favorite hip hop lyrics. Says it's good for the heart. Guess what? I gave it a shot and it works great!
 
Yeshim Blog - Forbes Cover Story "Attack of the Blogs"
The Forbes story was featured Friday night on CNBC's 4-minute segment. Steve Rubel was part of... Teaching Kids Programming: Even Younger Kids Can Learn Java One day my son Dave showed up in my office with my ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to company construction mn road on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like company construction mn road!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
All things erudite and worthwhile. From both the coasts.

Name:
Location: Bard College :: Sitka, New York :: Alaska, United States
ARCHIVES
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / October 2006 /


Powered by Blogger